Community Engagement 101: Strategies to Optimize Your Industry Member Benefits in 2022
Part four of a series of blog posts exploring opportunities to connect with the community as part of your Internet2 Industry membership
Make your industry New Year’s resolution to create a marketing plan that includes engagement with the Internet2 community! Industry marketing strategies that tell the story of collaboration with Internet2 members to solve security, compliance, and technology challenges generate more buzz within the research and education (R&E) community than communications perceived to be about sales and selling services.
- Host a Webinar. Webinars can be a great tool to showcase your company’s products, services, and engagement with the R&E community. When you host a webinar on a relevant topic, Internet2 is happy to amplify your engagement via our various channels.
- Submit a Case Study. Share your collaboration success story to reach key decision-makers within the R&E community. Internet2 Industry members can publish relevant case studies that may be featured on the Internet2 website and/or cross-promoted in email campaigns, social media, and blog posts.
- Share a Press Release. Internet2 works with Industry members to co-promote relevant content featuring new member announcements and high-impact collaborations and projects resulting in interesting solutions for higher education. Such announcements must follow the Internet2 press release guidelines.
- Post a Blog. Internet2 Industry members have the opportunity to post guest blogs on the Internet2 website that serve as anchors to promote webinars, events, and other activities. Blogs are amplified in newsletters and via social media. A recent example is this great guest post by Internet2 Industry member Oracle.
- Make Engagement Contributions. Internet2 offers high-impact opportunities for your company to gain visibility and recognition as an industry partner through in-person and virtual event sponsorship, program sponsorships, and community group facilitation.
- Use the Internet2 Logo. Companies that identify as Internet2 members stand out from the competition and can gain trust and recognition by demonstrating a deeper understanding of the overall technology needs of the R&E community. As an exclusive benefit, Internet2 Industry members can use the Internet2 logo for marketing purposes following Internet2 logo usage policies.
Contact email@example.com with any questions or for help making the most of these marketing opportunities for Internet2 Industry members.
Please note all marketing opportunities should be shared and discussed with your Internet2 engagement manager, and then submitted to the Internet2 communications team for final review and approval.
ICYMI: Community Engagement 101 Series