The NET+ Google Cloud Platform (GCP) offering includes a custom contract designed to ease deployment, accelerate adoption, and increase security and data protection for the academic enterprise. Special offers for new subscribers help with training, support, onboarding, and research consultation.
In addition to the NET+ GCP offering, Internet2 leverages regional and national trusted research infrastructure to provide private peering services, as well as direct access to Google Cloud Platform Dedicated Interconnect through the Internet2 Cloud Connect service. Regional and state networks and subscribers to NET+ GCP gain access to over 300 gigabit per second of private peering capabilities with Google Cloud through the Internet2 Network, in addition to resilient national interconnects for private GCP Dedicated Interconnect. Together, these advanced, resilient, secure, community-enabled services make it easier for researchers to access and use cloud resources.
The teams from Indiana University, Michigan State University, University of Washington, and Washington University in St Louis worked with the Google team to develop a differentiated NET+ Google Cloud Platform (GCP) program.
NET+ GCP combines the best-in-class Google Cloud Platform with several unique benefits, including:
- Significant discount for Internet2 higher education members, as well as waivers for data egress fees
- Pre-negotiated, custom contract with Internet2 member institutions featuring enhanced legal provisions, including being able to determine permitted uses of marks and logos, FERPA language, and separating student use for liability.
- The Internet2 NET+ GCP agreement is the most streamlined, efficient way to get started with the NIH STRIDES Initiative, which provides deep discounts for NIH-funded research in the cloud.
- Successful completion of the peer-driven NET+ Service Validation process for community security, accessibility, and performance standards.
- Community-designed security assessment HECVAT available upon request.
- The ability to choose from multiple resellers or bring your own authorized software reseller to acquire NET+ GCP offering. This allows members to issue competitive RFPs within the program.
- Business Associates Agreement (BAA) available
For details on how to sign up email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Why work with Distributors and Resellers for Cloud Services? Find out more.