Join us March 4-7 in Chicago for the 2024 Internet2 Community Exchange, a conference experience designed for you to connect, discuss, and network with your Research and Education peers.
March 4-7, 2024 | Chicago, Ill.
Internet2 2024 Community Exchange
Join Us for CommEX24!
Lessons in Leadership
Share ideas. Create solutions. Develop Meaningful Connections.
About the Community Exchange
Meet With Your Peers, Solve Common Challenges
For nearly 30 years, Internet2 has convened the worldwide research and education (R&E) community for strategic conversations and discussions at the forefront of innovation and technology.
Those include discussions around the policy implications and effects of a variety of emerging developments in networking, federated trust and identity, cloud-based computing services, information security, and how expanding research demands drive innovations.
Community Exchange participants meet with peers from around the globe working to solve common challenges. Bring your voice to the discussion and help build a better experience for all!
The Community Exchange convenes CIOs and other Higher Education Research and Education (R&E) leaders from institutions around the world in an environment of open engagement, free exchange, partnership, and collaboration.
Together, we gauge progress toward our collective goals, share best practices, explore critical issues within the broad R&E landscape, and determine community priorities. When we involve thought leaders, decision-makers, technologists, and end users in the same conversation, we do amazing things.
Types of Organizations That Typically Attend
- Internet2 Higher Education Member Institutions
- InCommon Participant organizations
- State and Regional Network Member organizations
- Affiliate / Federal Affiliate Member organizations
- Global National Research and Education Network Organizations
- Government Agencies
- Industry Partners
- HBCUs, TCUs and other Minority Serving Institution representatives
- Research organizations, labs
Who Should Attend
- Chief Information Officers and their leadership teams
- IT Directors and Managers
- C-Level Leadership (Chief Technology Officers, Chief Information Security Officers, Chief Procurement Officers and more)
- CEO and Executive Directors
- State and Regional Network Operators
- Network Directors, Managers, Engineers, and Programmers
- Security Professionals
- Vice Presidents for Research
- Cloud Architects
- Identity Architects
Pack Your Walking and Running Shoes for a Community-Building Social Event!Start your day on Wednesday, March 6 for a fun 5K walk and run before program sessions begin. We will plan to meet at 6:30 a.m. in the Sheraton Grand Downtown Chicago hotel lobby. We will explore downtown Chicago together with new and old community friends. Full route details will be shared later, and no RSVP is required. See you in Chicago!
Participants will have the opportunity to explore strategic topics as:
Designed as an easy-in/easy-out conference, here are highlights of CommEX24:
- the event begins late on a Monday with a Welcome Reception (following a ½-day invitational event for CIOs and other Executive Leaders)
- this is followed by two content- and interaction-filled days
- it ends midday on Thursday with a closing keynote session.
“Attending Internet2’s Community Exchange is a necessary investment to help me remain connected and relevant in our higher education community. With too many demands for time on my calendar, I am careful to make the time to attend Community Exchange to engage with the thought and action leaders in our community to keep in front of emerging strategic issues that will advance my institution, and to ensure we can invest in the ideas and solutions to advance teaching, learning and research.”
– Garret T. Yoshimi, Vice President, IT & CIO, University of Hawaii
“I’ve been attending the Internet2 Community Exchange (formerly called The Global Summit) for many years now as it gives me the opportunity to meet with colleagues, engage with community experts and thought leaders, generate new ideas, and forge new and existing connections.”
– Ryan Kocsondy, CEN, Director, Connecticut Education Network
“As an industry member in the Internet2 community, the Community Exchange provides me with unique opportunities to engage people across the global R&E community. Being part of these discussions and ongoing collaborations allows me to be at the forefront of emerging technologies and issues critical to research and higher ed institutions.”
– Steve Quagliata, Director of Education Markets, Ciena Corporation
“The Internet2 Community Exchange is a must-attend event for me and my organization. Hearing from colleagues from around the world helps us understand the issues that are top of mind in R&E on a global scale. This level of collaboration is vital to my role at CANARIE.”
– Alex Bushell, Director, Strategic Policy and International Relations, CANARIE
NOTE: All statements addressed to and related to the activities of Internet2 Working Groups, Working Group Projects, and Internet2 Area Initiatives and Projects are subject to the Internet2 Intellectual Property Framework, which grants to Internet2 and its members certain licenses and rights in such statements. These statements include conversations, correspondence, and/or all documents, electronic or physical. Statements not addressed to or not related to the activities of Internet2 Working Groups, Working Group Projects, or Internet2 Area Initiative or Project that are clearly not intended to be input to an Internet2 activity, group or project, are not subject to these provisions. Statements made to a group where written confidentiality agreements are in place are also not subject to these provisions.