Attending SC21? Don’t Miss Out on These Internet2 Industry Member Exhibits
By Ben Fineman, Internet2 Director, Industry Engagement
Estimated reading time: 2 minutes
For many of us, it’s been a long time since we’ve attended a conference in person. For those of you who are attending SC21 in St. Louis, November 14-19, I’d like to help you take full advantage of the in-person opportunity!
There are a lot of great booths available to see at this show. But if you’re tight on time, I might suggest prioritizing your route through the SC21 Exhibits to visit our Internet2 Industry members. These are companies that you can rely on to have a deeper understanding of and value for the research and education community.
Following is a roundup of who’s attending, where to find them, and what to expect:
- Fortinet, booth #2216: A leader for network and cloud security, Fortinet will showcase how they are helping universities gain visibility and control over their cloud environments and applications.
- IBM, booth #2017: IBM will showcase both their industry-leading storage solutions and IBM Spectrum Scale, which adds a data strategy layer to solve modern AI challenges.
- Omnibond, booth #1510: Omnibond’s CloudyCluster is unique in its ability to democratize access to parallelization and batching in public clouds – an essential service for many universities.
- Oracle, booth #2127: Oracle will showcase their latest HPC and GPU offerings, as well as a host of special products and services just for researchers. I understand they will also have drinks and snacks!
- PIER Group, room #92: Visit PIER Group to learn how they have helped universities design high-performance research solutions that can handle anything from linguistics research to obtaining an image of a black hole. Don’t forget to RSVP for the happy hour on Wednesday, Nov. 17, at 5 p.m.!
- Red Hat, booth #2027: Visit Red Hat’s three in-booth demo pods to learn about their product portfolio that allows universities to run a variety of workloads at many different scales and increase the pace of innovation.
Visit the SC21 Exhibits page to view a full map of the show floor. Have a great show, and enjoy St. Louis!