April 30 – May 2, 2024 | Stanford University in Palo Alto, CA
Nominations for Research Presentations
The Cloud Forum 2024 Researcher Nominations close on November 3, 2023
For the first time, the researcher presentations at the Cloud Forum will be nominated by the higher education cloud community. The call for nominations for research presentations for the 2024 Cloud Forum is open from September 27th to November 3rd, 2023.
Community members are encouraged to nominate faculty members at their institution doing research that is enabled and accelerated by the capabilities of the public cloud. The selected presenters will be expected to fund their own travel and hotel to Palo Alto, CA to present in person for the 2024 Cloud Forum held at Stanford University April 30th – May 2nd 2024. The research presentations will take place on the morning of May 1st, 2024.
Researcher presentations at the 2024 Cloud Forum will be in-person and up to 40 minutes long. There will be three presenters selected, and following the presentations, the researchers will be invited to join a moderated panel discussion to discuss with the audience their successes and challenges in using public cloud resources in their work.
The researcher presentation selection committee is seeking research successes that were enabled by the flexibility and scalability of the public cloud. Examples of successful presentations in the past include:
- “Elephants and technology – we need both to save a rainforest”, presented by Prof. Peter Wrege, Director, Elephant Listening Project at Cornell University
- “From the Fringes to the Mainstream: How COVID-19 Conspiracy Theories Spread across Social and Mainstream Media”, presented by Axel Bruns, Australian Research Council Laureate Fellow and Professor in the Digital Media Research Centre at Queensland University of Technology in Brisbane, Australia (slides)
If you have questions about the nomination process or wish to modify or augment a nomination already submitted, please contact Bob Flynn firstname.lastname@example.org.
Cloud Forum Timeline
- Nominations for Research Presentations Opens: September 27, 2023
- Call for Proposals Opens: October 16, 2023
- Nominations for Research Presentations Closes: November 3, 2023
- Call for Proposals Closes: November 27, 2023
- Researcher Notification: December 1, 2023
- Speaker Notification: January 4, 2024
- Schedule Posted: February 1, 2024
- Registration Opens: February 1, 2024
- Cloud Forum Convenes: April 30 – May 2, 2024