Join a Private Reunion following the NSFNET Virtual Event: Invitation Only
Come Reminisce with Us!
We hope to see you online on Tuesday, December 8, 2020, for a private reunion with your colleagues and research and education luminaries. Reflect on NSFNET’s important networking contributions and learn more about the outlook for the future. This reunion immediately follows the public NSFNET 35th Anniversary Celebratory Virtual Event, which runs from 1 pm to 2:45 pm.Register Now for Both Events!
Connection and Participation Details
We are using the Zoom conferencing platform for the private event which features a range of available breakout rooms. For the best experience, please update your Zoom to the latest version (5.4.4) so you can move freely in and out of the breakout rooms. Connection details for the public event can be found on the NSFNET 25th Anniversary Celebratory Virtual Event page.
The breakout rooms for the private event will be open from 2:45 pm until 5:00 pm ET. The rooms are:
- The Niels Bohr Room: For the less technical who like things organized, simple, and certain.
- The Vint Cerf / Bob Kahn / Dave Mills Room: For the protocols wizards.
- The Heisenberg Room: For the technical gurus who like complexity and uncertainty.
- The Schrödinger Room: For those who like cats.
- The Cyberspace Room: For those who want to discuss the latest Apps.
- The Internet Hall of Fame Room: For those who want to discuss who next should be inducted.
- You can also jump into some “watercooler” rooms to have one-on-one conversations.
Do you want to reminisce some more about the evolution of the internet? We’ve set up a Google spreadsheet where you can enter some personal information and share a story about your involvement. You can also add your current and past photos to the spreadsheet.
You may also connect via the LinkedIn NSFNET 35th Anniversary Reunion group page.