I2 Online Recap: Back to Campus with NET+ Cloud Technologies
By Sean O'Brien, Internet2 NET+ Program Director
Estimated reading time: 3 minutes
Watch highlights to see how peers are leveraging Cloud Services to meet new demands for teaching and learning
Fall is always an exciting time of year for those of us who work in higher education. The start of a new academic year signals a new beginning and new opportunities to learn. As this new academic year kicks off, it’s also important to reflect on what we’ve learned over the past 18 months.
2021 NET+ I2 Online programming featured content from the community about how they are leveraging NET+ Cloud Services, like Canvas, Google Cloud Platform, Panopto, and Zoom, to support teaching and learning. Just a few of topics discussed include:
- New modalities to increase student engagement – regardless of location;
- Teaching students cloud skills; and,
- How to use different technologies that make content available and accessible to all
Didn’t get a chance to attend one of these teaching and learning NET+ I2 Online sessions? Not to worry, we’ve created a highlights reel that pulls together the best bits. Have a listen and we hope that you “learn” something new as we “fall” into this changing instructional environment together.
Community Engagement Leads to Success
We want to thank everyone in the community for helping to make programs like this a success. In particular content creators and presenters from the Broad Institute of MIT and Harvard, DePaul University, Indiana University, Portland State University, University of Akron, University of Central Florida, University of Iowa, University of Utah, and University of Washington.
Visit the Internet2 website to learn more about the NET+ program and check out the service catalog to see if there are cloud services that can meet your institution’s needs. NET+ services include custom pricing, negotiated contracts, and vibrant communities of practice to support the adoption and use of cloud technologies in the research and education community. Leveraging NET+ contracts also helps the production of virtual events like these, community resources, and to continue operating the community-driven NET+ program.
But Wait, There’s More! Programming That Is …
- Registration is now open for NET+ Program Turns 10 on October 21st at 3 p.m. ET. Come hear from your colleagues about the genesis of the program and its future direction — and shape this event with your questions!
- Mark your calendars! On November 3rd at 2 p.m. ET the Cloud Scorecard Directory is launching. It’s a discovery platform for R&E institutions to view completed vendor self-assessments that showcase their understanding of key requirements for higher ed.
- And don’t forget to check out all of the upcoming I2 Online and TechEXtra21 events!