NET+ Code42 helps you recover and bounce back faster from any worst-case scenario.
Code42 makes laptop and desktop protection and file recovery simple and secure for higher education. Code42 products and service are world-class, easy to use and award winning.
Trusted by the most prestigious academic institutions and research facilities in the world Code42 is the ideal solution for institutions that want to be smart about protecting their data with reliable endpoint backup.
The Internet2 NET+ Code42 service utilizes the Internet2 Network infrastructure to improve performance and integrate InCommon identity.
Code 42 protects faculty and staff system-wide and solves multiple challenges
With Code42 you can bounce back from any data incident.
- Gain central control: A single admin console for all departments and colleges makes it easy to manage deployment, monitor backups and analyze data, whether you have 100 users or 100,000+.
- Be ready for ransomware: Education is heavily targeted by ransomware. Plan for the inevitable by deploying automatic, continuous backup that lets you restore files fast without paying a ransom. While competitors suggest backups every four hours or less, Code 42 backs up data every 15 minutes by default, and more granularly as needed, returning users to where they were minutes before a malicious attack.
- Simplify data holds: Whether you need to retain data for Freedom of Information requests or legal holds, you can automatically lock data retention policies in real time without affecting existing backups or impacting productivity. Our open API strategy allows you to integrate with the EDRM application you already use.
I recovered important grant information lost in transitioning staff roles and responsibilities.
—Marc Wozniak, IT Systems Analyst, Vanderbilt University
Code42 is trusted by over 500 IT departments at educational institutions across the United States. Data backed up by Code42 is encrypted in transit and at rest. Users have unique encryption keys for their archives—data is never combined and globally deduplicated. Each key is kept securely separate from the data that it encrypts. Code42’s cloud solution gives you unlimited retention, unlimited storage, and unlimited versions, because research and data are the lifeblood of an institution.
I have tried quite a few endpoint backup platforms in my 15-year career, and none of those have so perfectly blended the ease of installation, administration, and use by the end-user, with security and cloud storage as Code42 has done for us.
—Tim Winningham, System Administrator, The Ohio State University
Protection designed for Education
- It just works. Code42 endpoint backup runs silently in the background on all devices, without disrupting workflows or affecting device performance.
- Accommodate chargebacks. Our reporting web app shows you storage volume and users by department and can be integrated with your accounting system, making chargebacks easy.
- Single sign-on convenience. Authenticate users via federated identity services such as InCommon.
- Always there, always ready. Every version of every file is safe and always ready to restore. Backup archives are automatically verified (by default interval) every seven days.
- No limits. Store data without limits on file types, size or frequency—including deleted files.
- Separate the keys. Code42 customers have ownership of their encryption keys—and therefore their data.
- The Code42 Customer Experience. Rely on non-stop monitoring and support from Code42 Customer Champions in the USA.
We want to hear from you.