Save the Date and Submit a Proposal!
By Glenn Lipscomb, Associate Vice President, Marketing and Communications
TechEXtra 2021: Next Generation Infrastructure & Advanced Networking Event Dec 1-3, 2021
Are you one of the many folks who participated in the Advanced Networking track room at a past Internet2 Technology Exchange event? Are you missing the mix of reports on networking updates and community project “lessons learned” talks? Do you have a ‘story to tell’ about a problem you solved over the past 18 months that speaks to the challenges some of your peers may be facing?
Then mark your calendar for a multi-day virtual gathering in early December and while you’re at it, submit a proposal by October 15 to be considered for the agenda. We’re looking for both full-length talks (20- or 40-minutes) as well as Lightning Talks (5- or 10-minutes) and we need your input and stories to make this a successful event! Registration details and more information on ways you can get involved are coming soon.
Your colleagues want to hear from you about your experiences in some of these areas and more:
- Plans to leverage broadband grants in your region, back-to-school upgrades, implementation of eduroam, collaboration with minority serving institutions
- Use of infrastructure and services to support cloud, research, teaching, and learning
- Moving to a software-enabled infrastructure with use of automation, orchestration, and telemetry
- How organizations are implementing new and updated routing security protocols including MANRS, IRR, RPKI, and ROV
- Global collaborations to enable science, technology, and learning
All proposals will be reviewed by a Program Committee comprised of community experts and submitters will be contacted about the status by the end of October.
Plan to participate! We’ve missed seeing and hearing from you. Since we can’t be in person, we’re working to give you the best possible virtual event experience.