New Members Join InCommon Advisory Committees in 2022
By Netta Caligari, InCommon Community Success Manager
Estimated reading time: 3 minutes
Community is at the heart of how we support the mission of research and education within trust and identity. We honor the variety of ways everyone comes together to develop best practices; guide the adoption of new technologies, and identify challenges to help resolve common issues in research and education.
One of the main avenues for driving this work is an InCommon’s Advisory Committee. More than 60 community members contribute their time and talent to benefit the greater good in Identity and Access Management.
“Volunteering for an InCommon committee or working group provides an opportunity to both grow one’s knowledge across the domain of identity and access management and contribute to the community’s continued success with IAM services across the missions,” said Ted Hanss, former Steering Committee member and health sciences chief information officer at Yale University.
All this incredible work and new developments wouldn’t be possible without the community’s passion, which is why we are very excited to welcome new committee members in 2022! These members are a mix of folks who are serving for the first time or have been part of a committee but decided to join a different leadership group in the new year. We are incredibly grateful for their engagement and contributions:
Steering Committee New Members
- Rachana Ananthakrishnan, executive director and head of products, Globus at the University of Chicago
InCommon Technical Advisory Committee (TAC) New Members
- Matthew Porter, manager, IT and business process technology, Benelogic
- Joanne Boomer, manager, identity and access management, University of Missouri
Community Trust and Assurance Board (CTAB) New Members
- Sarah Borland, identity & access management analyst, University of Nebraska
- Rick Wagner, principal systems integration engineer, University of California San Diego
Community Architecture Committee for Trust and Identity (CACTI) New Members
- Licia Florio, senior trust and identity manager, GÉANT
- Stoney Gan, solution architect, University of South Florida
- Erik Scott, senior research software developer, RENCI
eduroam-US Advisory Committee (eAC) New Members
- Brett Bieber (eAC Chair), director, identity and access management, IT security services, University of Nebraska
- John Buysse, senior director, network & telephony services, University of Notre Dame
- Michael Hacker, chief information officer, University Heights Charter School District
- Mike Dickson, network engineer, University of Massachusetts Amherst
As Janemarie Duh, identity architect at Lafayette College and former member of the Technical Advisory Committee puts it, the people are really what makes the experience of joining a committee memorable. “Best. Colleagues. Ever! The InCommon community is something special. It is inclusive and collaborative, makes hard work fun, and imparts deep knowledge of Trust and Identity. Being a member of an InCommon advisory committee is to be highly sought after.“
Interested in joining an Advisory Committee in 2022? We will open nominations this fall, so keep an eye out for future announcements in our newsletter and via our mailing lists. In the meantime, you can learn more about our committees on the InCommon Leadership site and reach out to Netta Caligari, InCommon community success manager, if you have any questions.