Network Services Support for Research
Collaborate with Us
How you can work with us:
- Request a letter of Collaboration/Commitment
- Write us in to your proposal
- Request Consulting Services
- Present or Participate in our technical community
If you are interested in writing us into a proposal, we have a number of areas of current interest. These include:
- Data Staging, Caching, and Management – Internet2 is interested in new and novel ways to host, stage, and move data more efficiently for researcher consumers of data. Research or research-support systems on file systems, data acceleration, caching, and related are of high interest.
- Application Control of Infrastructure – We welcome collaborations with science application development that can imagine ways to interact with a well-instrumented and high-performance network infrastructure.
- Cloud Connectivity – Internet2’s Cloud Connect service already offers portal and API-based access to commercial cloud resources. We welcome opportunities to enhance our capabilities in support of research programs.
- Edge to Edge service orchestration (preferably across multiple administrative zones) – Reducing the complexity of managing the lifecycle of network services across administrative domains, including provisioning, de-provisioning, supporting, and monitoring services in a national, regional, and campus setting.
- Telemetry, Log, and Performance Analysis through AI – We are interested in the development of AI/ML-based tools that would help network operators diagnose, maintain, and improve their network’s performance through analysis of telemetry generated by networks and support systems.
- Network Security, Attack Detection, and Analysis – We are interested in novel and new ways to detect and protect for security-related attacks against infrastructure, as well as advancements that improve the security of interdomain routing.