Internet2 Sunsetting Router Proxy, Embracing the Power of Looking Glass
Estimated reading time: 2 minutes
By Linda Roos, Internet2 Senior Director for State and Regional Networks
This spring, we announced the first feature available in the Internet2 Insight Console: Looking Glass. Designed to replace the Router Proxy service, Looking Glass now offers an enhanced window into the world of Internet2 routers.
With Looking Glass in full operation, the Router Proxy service will be decommissioned on Sept. 30, 2023. You may begin to use Looking Glass now. The Router Proxy includes a link to try the new Insight Console Looking Glass at console.internet2.edu.
Gain Visibility, Run Commands With Looking Glass
Looking Glass enables users to issue supported commands on live, production Internet2 routers. Supported commands include ping, traceroute, show bgp, show l2vpn xconnect, show lldp neighbors, show route, show vrf all, and more! You can view a complete list of supported commands on the Insight Console documentation site.
Other enhanced functionality includes:
- Execute commands on multiple routers (up to 10 devices) at a time.
- Reissue commands with the press of a single button.
- Copy the output of individual commands.
- Maintain your personal command history.
- Easily share your command outputs using a uniquely generated URL that matches the commands and selected devices.
Looking Glass Office Hours
Want to learn more about Looking Glass? Join us for Looking Glass Office Hours this summer to get answers to your questions:
- June 28, 2023, 2-3 p.m. ET
- July 12, 2023, 2-3 p.m. ET
- Aug. 9, 2023, 2-3 p.m. ET
Other questions regarding the Insight Console can be sent to email@example.com.