Pressed for Time? Join Us for the NEW Internet2 Industry Member Lightning Lounge Event
Estimated reading time: 2 minutes
By Ben Fineman, Internet2 Director, Industry Engagement
Let’s face it — your time is limited. That’s why we’re trying something new — packing together a whole bunch of Internet2 industry members to give you bite-sized two-minute talks about community topics during the Internet2 Industry Member Lightning Lounge on Tuesday, March 16 from 1-2 p.m. ET. This action-packed event is available to any Internet2 member institution, but you must register to ensure adequate space.
Internet2 Industry members represent a diverse group of companies with a shared goal — advancing the research and education community. The event provides an opportunity to hear from a dozen Internet2 industry members on the newest and most relevant community topics in less than 30 minutes via a series of two-minute lightning talks. They will then spend the latter half of the hour making the rounds between virtual cocktail tables chatting with the industry representatives to answer any questions.
We’re pleased these speakers are joining us for our inaugural Industry Lightning Lounge Event:
- Duo Security: Helen Patton, CISO, “Duo and Zero Trust”
- Omnibond Systems: Rick Asay, “Build Submit HPC Jobs Without CLI”
- Kentik: Avi Freedman, “Kentik and Network Observability”
- Juniper: John Orbe, “Juniper Lightning Lounge”
- Desire2Learn: O’Neal Spicer, “D2L and the Global LMS Market”
- ServiceNow: Wanda Burgamy, “ServiceNow Lightning Talk”
- Clearspan: Jim Koestler, “Clearspan Lightning Talk”
- Cirrus Identity: Dedra Chamberlin, CEO, “Cirrus Identity Lightning Talk”
- Anyroam: Philippe Hanset, “ANYROAM Lightning Talk”
- Lumen: Scott Pohlman, “Lumen Lightning Talk”
- Unicon: Charise Arrowood, “Unicon Lightning Talk”
No Sales Pitches, Just Community Engagement
Let’s be clear — this is not a sales pitch! Each presenter will be focusing on projects and engagements of interest to the research and education community, NOT their latest opportunities for you to buy their products or services. And with a strictly enforced limit of only two minutes, you’ll be able to pack a lot of new information into the limited time that you have.
If you’re unable to attend the lightning talks in person, you can watch the recorded talks, which will be shared with registrants after the event. We look forward to hosting this event regularly throughout the year. Stay tuned for additional dates!