Internet2 Zoom Webinar Addresses Higher Education Security & Privacy Commitment
By Quyen Vaillant, Internet2 Assoc. Program Manager, NET+ Cloud Services
Speaking to over 600 members of the higher education community, Zoom detailed the company’s commitment to creating the best and safest Zoom meeting experiences for users and addressed security, privacy, data, and any other concerns gathered by the higher education community. The call was hosted by Zoom in collaboration with Internet2, the national research and education network in the United States.
Panelists from Zoom included:
- Christy Flis, Education Team Manager
- Ben Grande, Head of Sales for Local, State and Education
- Lynn Haaland, Head of Global Risk and Compliance
- Michael Howley, Education Team Manager
- Shawn Rolin, Head of Technology and Sales Engineering
Highlights from the Q&A:
- Shawn Rolin provides background on Zoom’s 90-day commitment to address security and privacy
- Lynn Haaland reiterating that Zoom does not sell user data to other companies or entities
- Upcoming changes to the Zoom platform, including allowing paid customers to choose which data center regions their account uses for real-time traffic at the account, group, or user level for meetings and webinars
- Detailed information on encryption/decryption
And in case you missed it, or want to watch it again, here is the link to the recording.
Internet2 will continue to partner with Zoom for additional webinars. If there are any topics that you would like for us to consider, please let us know by completing our survey.
- NET+ Zoom Program resources and updates
- Zoom Privacy & Security
- Zoom Covid-19 Support Page
- To sign up or request a review copy of the NET+ Zoom agreement and pricing, please email email@example.com