Check out upcoming Minority Serving – Cyberinfrastructure Consortium events, workshops, and webinars.
Join Us for a Series of Cybersecurity Workshops
The Minority Serving – Cyberinfrastructure Consortium (MS-CC) and Internet2, in collaboration with the American Indian Higher Education Consortium (AIHEC), are organizing a series of cyberinfrastructure and cybersecurity workshops on the campuses of historically Black colleges and universities (HBCUs) and tribal colleges and universities (TCUs). The National Science Foundation is funding the workshops as part of their recent Cyberinfrastructure Center of Excellence Demonstration Pilot award (NSF #2137123).
We are working on scheduling additional workshops in the southeastern United States for early 2023, including at Claflin University in Orangeburg, S.C. Details for each of these upcoming workshops, including confirmed dates, workshop agendas, and registration information, will be available soon.
- Nov. 1-2, Aug. 17-18 and June 22-23, 2022: MS-CC Cyberinfrastructure and Cybersecurity Workshop: The MS-CC and Internet2 hosted a series of workshops on the campuses of HBCUs and TCUs. The first workshop took place June 22-23 on the North Carolina A&T State University campus in Greensboro, NC. The second workshop took place on Aug. 17-18 on the Salish Kootenai College campus in Pablo, Mont. The third workshop took place Nov. 1-2 on the Jackson State University Campus in Jackson, Miss.
- Watch the YouTube video Building Tech Connections. Lawrence Williams, program director of the MS-CC at Internet2, interviewed Al Anderson, CIO of Salish Kootenai College gave a preview of the workshop. They discussed the unique needs at TCUs for cyberinfrastructure and cloud services.
- Watch a YouTube video as Lawrence Williams talks with Tom Jackson, Chief Information Officer at North Carolina A&T State University, about how cyberinfrastructure supports research activities in higher education.
- May 12, 2022: I2 Tech Talk with Lawrence Williams: Thank you for joining us for a conversation between Lawrence Williams, program director of the Minority Serving-Cyberinfrastructure Consortium, and Internet2 Director of Industry Engagement Ben Fineman. If you missed it, watch the recording on YouTube.
- Jan. 27, 2022: This webinar featured “Open Meeting and Updates,” provided information about the NSF Pilot Center of Excellence Award, MS-CC needs and requirements, stakeholders, and next steps for the community to get involved. The moderators facilitated a Question and Answer session about the MS-CC for participants.
–Watch the video and download the slides.
- March 18, 2021: This session featured “Connecting the Dots: Using Campus IT Infrastructure Survey Data to Support Your Institutions’ Research Goals.” It offered the opportunity to learn about how this data and feedback on-campus IT infrastructure needs to help you support your institution’s research mission.
–View the recording and download the slides.
- Feb. 3, 2021: This webinar focused on data and computing infrastructure topics. Speakers were:
- Ana Hunsinger, Vice President Community Engagement, Internet2
- Dr. Deborah Dent, Chief Information Officer, Jackson State University
- Joel Cutcher-Gershenfeld, Professor, Heller School for Social Policy and Management, Brandeis University
- Dr. Damian Clarke, Chief Information Officer, Alabama A&M University
- Al Kuslikis, Sr. Associate for Strategic Initiatives, American Indian Higher Education Consortium
- Joey Brenn, Assistant Vice President for IT, Claflin University
- Bobby Clark, Director CCIT IT Procurement & Vendor Management, Clemson University
–View the recording and download the presentation.