The Internet2 Inclusivity Initiative (I2I) scholarships will be granted during the 2022 Internet2 Technology Exchange held Dec. 5-9 in Denver, Colo.
Internet2 Inclusivity Scholarship Award Information
The I2I scholarship provides support for emerging information technology women professionals to attend Internet2 conferences to support their career growth and opportunities.
The I2I Steering Committee began providing scholarships to assist attendance at Internet2 events with the 2014 Internet2 Technology Exchange meeting. The award covers reasonable travel expenses and conference registration consistent with Internet2 travel policies.
- Scholarships will be awarded to a woman, including graduate students, working/studying at an Internet2 member organization (higher education, research and education networks, affiliate, and industry) and attending her first Internet2 event.
- Award monies will be applied to registration fees, transportation, and lodging costs, consistent with Internet2 travel policies.
- The awardee will be invited to attend the next live Internet2 event. One or more mentor(s) will be chosen to accompany the awardee to help with session selections during the meeting, and to ensure that the awardee has ample opportunity to interact with professionals attending.
- Although showing financial need is not required, consideration will be given to those showing the need for financial support to attend.
We are now accepting scholarship applications to attend the Internet2 2022 Technology Exchange! The deadline to apply is Wednesday, September 14 by 5:00 p.m. CT. To submit an application, please fill out the Internet2 Inclusivity Initiative Scholarship form. The following information should be included in the application:
- Applicant’s name and contact information, including the name of Internet2 member institution/organization where applicant is currently working.
- For student applicants, the name of their institution/organization and duration of study.
- A brief statement (1-2 pages) of support from a senior administrator (CIO, Dean, Executive or Program Manager/Director) at the applicant’s institution/organization.
- The awardee will be required to submit a post-participation report, articulating how the experience has benefitted her.
Previous Scholarship Recipients
Learn more about the Inclusivity Initiative Scholarship recipients. Read profiles of past recipients!
Internet2 Program Manager Taleitha Pytlowanyj interviewed Carrie Regenstein about her service as a leader in higher education IT.
Thank You to Our Sponsors
Our thank you and recognition of I2I scholarship sponsors.