Internet2 Inclusivity Scholarship Award Information
The I2I Scholarship focuses resources and attention to improve diversity and inclusion in the community of networking and technical professionals. It provides support for emerging information technology (IT) women professionals to attend Internet2 annual conferences – thereby encouraging their career growth and opportunities in the IT field.
The I2I Steering Committee began providing scholarships to assist attendance at Internet2 events with the 2014 Internet2 Technology Exchange meeting. Since the inception of the I2I Scholarship program, we have been able to sponsor over 40 early-career networking and IT women professionals to attend annual conferences in support of their career development.
We are now accepting I2I scholarship applications/nominations to attend the 2024 Community Exchange held March 4-7 in Chicago, Ill. If you want to apply or nominate someone, please fill out this form by Dec. 8, 2023 at 5 p.m. PT.
These are the eligibility requirements for the scholarship:
- Scholarships will be awarded to a woman, including graduate students, working/studying at an Internet2 member organization (higher education, research and education networks, affiliate, and industry) and attending her first Internet2 event.
- Applicants who are seeking to attend their first Internet2 annual conference.
- An individual can either self-nominate or be nominated by a manager/supervisor.
- Although showing financial need is not required, consideration will be given to those showing the need for financial support to attend.
Selected recipients as part of the I2I scholarship experience will:
- Have reasonable travel expenses and conference registration consistent with Internet2 travel policies covered.
- Be paired with mentors from across the R&E community to have a meal with them and seek career and event guidance.
- Be recognized with a certificate and special dinner.
- Have the opportunity to engage with domestic and international attendees, building and expanding their network.
- Meet other I2I scholarship recipients, as well as Network Startup Resource Center (NSRC) fellows, Women in Networking at SC (WINS) attendees, and Minority Serving-Cyberinfrastructure Consortium (MS-CC) attendees.
- Attend a wide variety of sessions that offer something for new learners as well as more experienced professionals.
- Open a gateway to future professional opportunities such as participation in community working groups, participation in future I2I activities – including as a mentor for scholarship recipients or as a member of the I2I Steering Committee – as well as collaborative opportunities with other organizations.
- And much more …
Previous Scholarship Recipients
Learn more about the Inclusivity Initiative Scholarship recipients. Read profiles of past recipients!
Internet2 Program Manager Taleitha Pytlowanyj interviewed Carrie Regenstein about her service as a leader in higher education IT.
Thank You to Our Sponsors
Our thank you and recognition of I2I scholarship sponsors.