Grouper Trademark Guidelines and Styleguide
GrouperTM is a trademark of Internet2®. These policies and guidelines cover the Grouper wordmark, the main Grouper logo, specific applications of that logo—such as the “Powered by Grouper” mark—as well as other logos associated with the Grouper project. This site also provides guidelines and resources for using the Grouper trademark and logos
Grouper is an open source toolkit for managing groups. It is designed to function as the core element of a common infrastructure for managing group information across integrated applications and repositories. Grouper combines multiple sources of group information, both automated and manual, in managing memberships and other group information in a Group Registry, a central information asset complementary to a site’s Person Registry.
Usage Policy and Goals
The prime goals of this policy are to ensure the continued value and integrity of the Grouper trademark and to promote awareness and adoption of Grouper technology by encouraging appropriate use of the trademark and logos.
You can do many things with the Grouper logos without the explicit permission of Internet2. However, there are also things you may not do without obtaining written permission. The Grouper trademark must always be used in ways that are non-confusing, non-diluting, and non-disparaging. Non-confusing means that use should not imply inaccurate affiliation with or endorsement by Internet2 or the Grouper team. Non-diluting means that use may not contribute to the mark becoming a generic term. Non-disparaging means that Grouper trademarks may not be used to defame or derogate
Please review the entire “Using the Grouper Trademark and Logo” (PDF) before using the Grouper trademark or logo.
Please contact email@example.com for more information about, permission to use, or high-resolution copies of Grouper and associated trademarks.
Please review “Using the Grouper Trademark and Logo” before using the Grouper logo or trademark.
- The Grouper logo is to be displayed in its entirety on either a solid light or dark background (avoid mid-tone, strongly colored or patterned backgrounds).
- When space permits, the Grouper logo should be accompanied by the Grouper wordmark, laid out as indicated in the examples below.
- The space around the logo and the wordmark must be preserved.
- The logo should not be displayed in parts, with color variations, or with other elements superimposed on top of the logo.
- The logo must include the trademark (TM) symbol.
- Logo size:
- The logo should not be displayed on screen any smaller than 24px tall (with the exception of system icons that demand smaller sizes
- The logo should not be displayed in print at any smaller than 1cm (3/8″) tall.
Grouper Logo and Wordmark in Color and B&W
Alternate Grouper Logo and Wordmark in Color and B&W
Grouper Logo in Color and B&W