Advance Your Transition to the Cloud with the Azure Accelerator Program for Research: Fall 2022 Cohort Application Period Open Through Sept. 10
By Apryl Motley - Technical Writer & Communications Lead, Internet2 Trust and Identity/NET+ Service
Estimated reading time: 3 minutes
Internet2 CLASS and Microsoft Azure are collaborating to offer the research and education (R&E) community the opportunity to join the Azure Accelerator Program for Research. The inaugural cohort will kick off with award notification in September 2022. Faculty researchers and IT professionals from Internet2 member institutions are invited to submit applications to the program.
This program will provide the opportunity for the research community that Internet2 serves to explore the power of cloud computing, leverage the vast array of data science tools and services that Azure provides, and ultimately arrive at better and faster scientific results.
This Call for Applications solicits proposals from individuals and teams interested in transitioning computational research workflows to the cloud. Specifically, this effort seeks to enable project teams to accelerate their research by providing funding, technical expertise, and a cohort-based learning environment.
“Internet2 is a leader at connecting research and education, Cloudbank is on the cutting edge of reducing researcher pain points through their onboarding ramp, and Microsoft is a true partner for innovative research in the cloud. These three organizations put the researcher at the center of all they do to provide end-to-end support,” said Melissa Hortman, EdD, senior industry executive, academic research Industry lead for Microsoft. “The Azure Accelerator does just this; we are putting the researcher at the center of this Accelerator to enable their innovative research through the cloud.”
For the Fall 2022 Cohort, the focus is on research that utilizes machine learning, deep learning, and image processing and analysis.
As part of the Accelerator Program for Research, selected projects from up to five teams will be awarded the following:
- Up to $5,000 in Azure Credits will be awarded through CloudBank, an NSF-funded initiative. Credits expire after 365 days, and the final amount awarded is based on the use case.
- A cohort-based learning experience for 10 weeks
- Synchronous training culminating in industry-recognized certifications (e.g. AZ-900, DP-900, AI-900, etc.)
- Access to an Azure-certified Cloud Solutions Architect twice weekly for the duration of the program
- Cloud architecture consultation and prototype for the selected research project
- Sustainable project design and data management plan
|Applications Open||August 16, 2022|
|Applications Due||Sept. 10, 2022|
|Award Notification||Sept. 20, 2022|
|Cohort Begins||Oct. 5, 2022|
|Cohort Ends||Dec. 7, 2022|
How to Apply:
- Fill out the application form.
- Proposals must be submitted by 11:59 p.m. PT on Sept. 10, 2022.
- Internet2 will contact awardees by Sept. 20, 2022.
For more information about requirements and selection criteria, download the Call for Applications.
If you have any questions, please contact Amanda Tan, Internet2 program manager, CLASS, at email@example.com.