Gateways 2021: Call for Community Participation
By Nayiri Mullinix, Community Engagement and Exchange Coordinator, Science Gateways Community Institute
The Gateways annual conference is an opportunity for gateway creators and enthusiasts to learn, share, connect, and shape the future of gateways as part of a vibrant community with common interests.
Gateways 2021, held October 19-21, 2021, is planned as an opportunity to influence the vision and mission of the Science Gateways Community Institute, the gateways community, and the Gateways Conference series. It will offer diverse options for sharing work and networking in the community. The format includes tutorial sessions, panels, presentations in the form of lightning talks, and working sessions.
We invite the submission of abstracts related to science gateways, which are end-to-end solutions with easy-to-use interfaces enabling the application of complex research infrastructures such as computing and data infrastructures, instruments, and other domain-specific resources to support research and education. They may also be known as portals, virtual research environments, eScience, virtual labs, eResearch, digital repositories, or research cyberinfrastructure.
Topics include, but are not limited to:
- Architectures, frameworks, and technologies for science gateways
- Science gateways sustaining productive, collaborative communities
- Support for scalability and data-driven methods in science gateways
- Improving the reproducibility of science in science gateways
- Science gateway usability, portals, workflows, and tools
- Software engineering approaches for scientific work
- Aspects of science gateways, such as security and stability
- AI and ML for science gateways
- Social research on science gateways
- Use cases and lessons learned from science gateways
Gateways 2021 is organized by the Science Gateways Community Institute (SGCI). Learn more about SGCI.