Internet2 CLASS Fall 2021 Advanced Cohort Information
CLASS Preparation and Pre-Work
What You Need to Get Ready for CLASS
Detailed preparation instructions will be available and distributed prior to the Structured Training.
1. Computer/system requirements:
- You need a desktop computer or laptop with a camera and microphone that can run Zoom and that can run the current version of Google Chrome, Microsoft Edge, or Safari.
- An internet connection that supports video conferencing with multiple participants.
- A Google account to access the CLASS materials.
Participants will be required to complete the following pre-work before the Structured Training sessions in order for them to familiarize themselves with all three cloud providers and to ensure that their program-provided cloud accounts and credentials are fully functional. Participants will need to be familiar with each provider’s “Well-Architected Framework” (under various similar names) by completing the required reading. Participants should be comfortable with these materials and commit to completing the assigned pre-work tasks.
2. Required Reading:
- AWS well-architected introduction: AWS Fundamentals – Core Concepts (read the entire document)
- Azure Introduction to the Microsoft Azure Well-Architected Framework – Learn (complete all 8 units in the module)
- Google Cloud Overview | Architecture Framework (only the overview page) and Google Cloud system design considerations | Architecture Framework (only the systems design considerations page)
Required Tasks: Participants will be provided with credentials to workshop accounts for all three providers and must do the following for each:
- Log in to the web console and launch, connect to, use, and destroy a Linux instance using the workshop credentials.
- Install, configure, and use the CLI/SDK for use with the workshop accounts on either their workstation or in the workshop account cloud shell environment and use it to launch a new provider recommended Linux instance and to connect to it via a command-line-based ssh client.
Looking for CLASS requirements and fee and schedule information?