October 14, 2021, at 1 p.m. ET
Kate Darling, Leading Social Robotics Expert
Join us October 14 at 1 p.m. ET
All Your Questions About Human-Robot Interactions Answered!
Kate Darling is the leading expert in Social Robotics and MIT Media Lab Research Specialist who specializes in the future of human-robot interaction. Join us on Oct. 14 at 1 p.m. ET for a special TechEXtra21 presentation featuring Dr. Darling.Register Now
They’re coming! Robots, that is. They’re getting smarter, evolving from single-task devices (think Roomba) into machines that can make their own decisions and autonomously navigate public spaces. From transportation systems, hospitals, and the military, to the robotization of our workplaces and households, robots will be everywhere and will increasingly interact with people.
Does this scare you? Dr. Kate Darling is here to help. Join us on Oct. 14 at 1 p.m. ET for a special TechEXtra21 presentation featuring Dr. Darling, who typically answers questions like:
- What happens when robots move from behind factory walls into shared spaces and begin interacting with humans?
- What opportunities and challenges should we anticipate in the future of human-robot interaction?
- Where does the true potential of AI and robotics lie, and will robots supplement human ability, or replace it?Why do people treat robots like living things, and why does that matter?
- What can and can’t robots and AI do?
- What societal challenges will we face in a future with robots (ethical, legal, and social)?
Dr. Darling examines why people fear some robots and empathize with others, while also prompting—and answering— questions about what society’s relationship with these robots could look like in the future, according to her abstract.